ACLCO Statement of Principles
As lawyers working for the ACLCO, we are proud to stand by the following principles:
- A recognition of the diversity of the Ontario public;
- A recognition that the Law Society is committed to inclusive legal workplaces in Ontario, a reduction of barriers created by racism, unconscious bias and discrimination and better representation of Indigenous and racialized licensees in the legal professions in all legal workplaces and at all levels of seniority;
- Our special responsibility as members of the legal profession to protect the dignity of all individuals, and to respect human rights laws in force in Ontario;
- A commitment to advance reconciliation, acknowledging that we are collectively responsible to support improved relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Ontario and Canada; and,
- An acknowledgement of our obligations to promote equality, diversity and inclusion generally and in our behaviour towards colleagues, employees, clinics and the public.